Are you interested in game development? Even if you have an amazing idea for a game that nobody has ever made before, you have other decisions to make. For instance, what kind of technology will you use to build your game? If you aren’t sure, now is a great time to understand better what HTML5 is and why it works so well for game monetization.
What Are HTML5 Games?
HTML5 games are web-based and can be launched on several different platforms. They can be played on smart televisions, smartphones, personal computers, and tablets. In addition, HTML5 has everything a game developer could want, from support for any browser to audio APIs, 2D graphics, 3D graphics, and even offline asset storage.
Keep in mind that HTML5 is more than a markup language. It’s a full technology used to make cross-browser and cross-platform games. Hugely popular games like Treasure Arena, Sketchout, Cross Code, and HexGL were created using this technology. With a huge number of features, HTML5 game development becomes more popular each day.
What Are the Benefits of HTML5 Games?
HTML5 games have several benefits that developers can’t get elsewhere. We’ll break down a few of the most impressive benefits below:
- Cross-Platform Support – Games made with HTML5 adapt to all sorts of requirements, including resolutions, aspect ratios, screen sizes, and more. As a result, they can run on all kinds of platforms and a variety of browsers to be accessible to everyone.
- WebGL & Canvas Capabilities – Both of these technologies are available to create complicated browser games. Canvas allows drawing shapes and turning them into 3D images, while WebGL lets developers implement 2D and 3D content into a browser.
- Various Game Engines and Frameworks – HTML5 games can make use of many game engines and frameworks. This makes it easier to implement animations, maps, audio, physics, and much more.
Ways To Make Money From HTML5 Games
There are many ways to monetize HTML5 games, more than you might expect. This can occur through iOS, Android, the Chrome Webstore, Facebook, and more. Some of the monetization options include:
- Banner Ads – Insert ads into your game from something like Ad4Game or AdSense and users may click to view more information or make a purchase. In addition, you could earn money by being an affiliate.
- Google Payments API – The In-App Payments API in Google can offer even more money through your game. Keep in mind that some costs are associated with this, so do some research before implementing the solution.
- In-App Purchases – The app you have can bring in revenue when you show the right ads. Ask players to pay for tokens, resources, or special gear. You can also implement a way to connect with friends to keep users playing and paying.
Reward Video Ad Monetization With HTML5 Games
Reward video ads are an excellent way to bring in money from your audience. People who get a reward for watching a video are more likely to make in-app purchases and increase your revenue. Adding these two monetization techniques to your ads is a sure-fire way to bring in the cash you want.
AppLixir Use WebView to help WebGL / HTML5 Games developers integrate Rewarded Video Ads! It uses simple steps to help you integrate and start earning in No time! To start using AppLixir, you need to sign up at www.appLixir.com and verify your email. After your email is verified, please click on the “Game” tab and add your WebGL / HTML5 Games game. Once you have created a game, you will see your Dev, Game and Zone IDs.
You will use those ID numbers once you start the integration. You should also be able to download the WebGL / HTML5 Games WebView toolkit. The Integration Document has additional files, code modules and helpful snippets to copy and paste into your code.